WORK PLACES -building healthy workplaces
An organisations most important resource is its people. My passion is to provide training and facilitation to support teams and managers to fully utilise these resources so not only do they work more effectively but people feel valued and happy to be part of your organisation.
I believe that if employees and managers are listened to, supported in identifying obstacles and issues (whether internal or external) and given the skills and information to address these issues, the workplace will be more effective, competitive and your business will thrive.
Some of the typical courses I run include managing stress in the workplace, building resilience, how to improve communication, how to promote better work life balance and in general how to can make you and your teams more effective, clearer about your purpose and ultimately create in partnership a happier, more effective and competitive work environment.
The approach is to meet and talk with your key people around the issues they perceive need to be addressed. I then formulate a proposal for your approval and then deliver the training. this can be done here on site, in your own business premises or online, as required.
The training is of benefit as:
- It addresses key issues that are arising in the workplace
- It provides an opportunity to upskill Managers and Employees in areas they require whether it be communication skills, identifying mental health issues in the team and supporting wellness in your team
- Communication and a sense of team work is always promoted and supported
- Staff feels listened to and involved and more aligned with their workplace
- Managers will feel more empowered and confident if supported with developing the skills they need in their work
- Teams will work more efficiently if they are being managed and supported effectively
Short-Term Counselling / Coaching
Since first qualifying in 1997, Monica has been involved with providing short -term counselling for EAP (Employee assistance provision) for provides such as Staff Care services (Belfast), EAP solutions (Dublin) and Inspire (Belfast) This work provides short term support to employees of agencies such as the bank, prison officers , schools etc who may be undergoing a particular difficulty with which they need some support around. This shorter term work tends to be more solution focused and suits those who are seeking to have a problem resolved rather than necessarily engage in longer term more in depth work.